Tuesday 7 May 2013

Review: The Accident by Linwood Barclay


The Accident by Linwood Barclay 4/5

This was the third book I have read by Linwood Barclay, I absolutely loved No Time for Goodbye and Fear The Worst so I was excited to read another, The Accident didn't disappoint. Linwood Barclay's writing is consistent and flows very well making it hard to put this book down. I'm always entirely absorbed when reading his books they always contain twists and turns that I really don't see coming, which is unusual.

There isn't a lot I can write about this book without giving away spoilers. The Accident is highly intriguing and the writing is very gripping but the characters aren't particularly likable which doesn't actually affect how good the book is because they are still relate-able, in a strange way. I found the story-line of how far people will go in order to stay afloat in an economic downturn very interesting and believable. I loved Barclay's use of the Sherlock Homes quote "When you have eliminated the impossible whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." it really stayed with me throughout the book and even after I'd finished reading.

The Accident is a essentially a mystery novel which grips you and doesn't let you go until the very end, I was completely engrossed and very committed to solving the case - which I didn't, I never saw the end coming and I would recommend this book to anyone who love mystery, crime and thriller. Its a highly addictive read, so be warned.

                                                         Goodreads ~ Amazon

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and hear your thoughts about my blog. Thanks for stopping by! <3